To ensure you and your pet have the best stay possible, here are some things to keep in mind when packing:
- Bed or Kennel - dogs travel best when they have the comforts and familar items from home, it gives them their safe spot in unknown, new locations.
- Leash, Collar or Harness with tags - Be sure to bring a leash to walk your pet with, and ensure that they have tags with your name and phone number on them, should you get separated.
- Food, food dish, water dish - a fed and watered pet is a happy one! We also recommend a travel water dish for the beach, so your dog doesn't drink the ocean water.
- Toys - bring chew toys for time inside the cabins or tent, and fun toys for your pet to play with on the beach.
- Medications - don't forget any medications your dog might need!
Here are some local pet friendly beaches: