Whether you are planning a day trip, a weekend getaway or a summer holiday at the beach, there is much fun to be had for every member of the family. Ponderosa Campground is actually the closest campground to the Avalon Beaches.
Here are some of the fun activities to do with your family at the beach:
If you have toddlers or grade-schoolers
- The beach is an enormous imaginative playground to build castles and forts.
- Spend time in the water, teaching them to swim or playing games like water ball or making water angels.
- It is also a fun destination for a learning scavenger hunt, walk across the beach looking for shells and rocks. You can use these scavenged items to create memory jars when you head back home.
- Spend a weekend building a kite with your kids. Take your kite on your holiday and watch is soar with the strong sea breeze.
If you have older children
- If you are the adventurous type, you can spend the day or week learning to kayak!
- You could enjoy the day absorbing historical facts in Historic Cape May
- Visit Ocean City, hang out on the board walk or visit the amusement park
Check out all there is to do on our Attractions Page
Depending on which beach you head to, you will also have other activities such as shopping on boardwalks, fishing off piers and the likes.